Sunday, February 22, 2009

IPA Day at Teresa's Preceded by a Bonk.


Lauren and I had a good time with this one. I think Pliney the Elder and Hop Slam lead the pack, with Gordon a close third. The others were tasty as well.
Saturday included the Cadence group ride. A solo breakaway on the hill climb, a decent 4.5 hours, followed by the worst bonk I have had to date. It seems I forgot to eat in my last hour. Ooops.
http://www.trainingpeaks.com/sw/7X5OQPCRHIA5RDXIGUTQMQ6O4E
Now that I look back on it, the hour coffee shop break with some of the guys sans food was a poor decision on my part. I felt fine on the climb up Devon St Rd back to the condo, then with literally a mile to go, I just died. HR dropped 40 beats, power halved, dizzy, shaking, sweating way to much for 38 degrees... limp home, not so fun. Check out the power file for a laugh. The hill hot spot comes at 1:18, the bonk is in the last 10 minutes.

No comments: