Friday, January 9, 2009

@#$% the Wintry Mix. I'm going for a ride.

Were going to keep this one brief. Below is tomorrow's forecast.

Here is what I'm planning to wear.

Craft Pro Zero Base Layer
Castelli Cardio Bib Tights
Team Jersey (Verge)
Sugoi Firex Jacket
LG Balacava
Cadence Cap
Sock Guy Summer weight socks
DeFeat wooly bully socks
Toko Lobster mitt XC ski gloves
Homemade sock wrist warmers (for when my jacket rides up a bit)
Performance $9 plastic rain jacket
Chemical foot warmers
Castelli Booties
Tifosi Shades
We'll See how this turns out... plan is to hit the Schuykill at 8am or so, head toward Manayunk, meet up with the Cadence ride (which will not happen bc its snowing), do the ride, stop ad Cadence to thaw out, then ride home. 75 ish miles, 4 hours. Plan B will be to ride to cadence, then ride home. 2.5 hours 44 miles.
Here's how it turned out:
Woke up, saw the parking lot of my condo was coated... went back to bed. Woke up again around 9:30, killed some coffee and some toast and loaded up on the thermal gear. It was cold out, but it was not miserable... the 3 to 6 inches of snow the awesome philly weather dude called for was.... drum roll please... a dusting I wish I could be 600% wrong at my job and still keep it. In all, 3 hours 50 miles, couple sweet spot ints... NBD.

No comments: