Monday, December 22, 2008

Virgina. Battenkill. Brunswick Stew. Out-sprinting Dogs

Lauren and I loaded up the bim's clown car style ( I should have snapped a picture) and headed down to Virgina. I haven't been putting in a ton of hours, but enough just to maintain some fitness and keep myself from going insane. I was hoping to bump the mileage up a bit but last week my knee, the same one that always gets angry, got a bit upset at my whacked out saddle height. I swear, I don't know what the deal is... I measure, tape and check my seat height all the time but somehow it always ends up a bit off and I get some pain and finally figure it out. I got 2 hours in Saturday and Sunday just to test things out. I felt fine on the bike but was a bit sore after. I think it will be ok pretty soon.
I registered for Battenkill last night. Cat 3, 4, and 5 sold out in a matter of hours. Im pumped because I have not 1, not 2, but 3 teammates in my race with me. Should be a great race, time to start riding on dirt for fun now.

In the battle of the unleashed rabid dogs vs. Mike, the score is: Mike 2, Dogs 0. Marvel at the 12 year old girl sized sprint I unleased on a mutt on Saturdays ride. 1028 watts!!! whooo. weaksauce.


Lastly, I wanted to share these next few pictures...

No comments: